Sunday, April 4, 2010

Definition of Dog Eared

I was never quite sure what "dog-eared" meant, but now I am.


We had a bit of a crazy week - must have been the full moon/April Fool's Day combination. On Wednesday, I came home to orange smears all over the living room carpet. Did you know that avocado pits are orange when cracked open and smeared all over the carpet?

I specifically pushed that avocado all the way back into the corner of the counter before leaving for my test that day. I'm sure a dog standing on the ground would not have been able to reach it. And more importantly, not been able to pull it down, without opposable thumbs. So I can only imagine that someone (and I'm going with my suspicions that it was the girl) must have jumped up on all 4s on the counter to retrieve my precious treasure that was going to be yummy guacamole for lunch the next day.

The next day, April Fool's Day, I came home to the site of a tornado touchdown. I should'a gotten the camera out before I proceeded to pick up the mess. A bag of recyclable papers (that I had ALMOST hidden away in a closed room) had been ripped open and spread around the room. I had already stripped my bed to wash the sheets, but a full-speed run down the hall followed by a leap onto the bed, and possibly a wrestling match on the bed (now I'm implicating both sweet and innocent pups) had pushed the mattress out at a 45 degree angle and pulled the mattress pad half off. The library book (shown above) that had been on the nightstand was out in the living room. Strangely, although the pages had been "dog-eared" none of the words had been eaten.

Sweet and Innocent Pups


"It wasn't us. We were just laying here holding hands all day."


We also had some fun with late March snow. Star got to "let 'er rip" at our favorite dog park, which we will sorely miss.


This is how big it is. Can you even see the perimeter fences? It feels like even when there are 20 cars in the lot, every pair of dogs has their own acre. And there are 2 good sized small dog areas that I have never seen in use. I used one in December when Sunny's leg was sore, so he could play ball within a limited space.

From the western edge, the photos are taken counter-clockwise sweeping from my right to my left.

Little dog park in the far corner.
(Light poles are a ballpark across the street.)


Parking lot way up on the hill.


Best angle to see most of the middle area.


Northwest quadrant.


With Sunny still on-leash, and a little cranky about it when surrounded by a handful of off-leash beasts, we like to steer away from the crowds and do a couple laps around the perimeter. Star usually sticks pretty close, although I encourage her to go make friends or just go for a run. Once in a while, she finds someone worthy of a good chase.

Also this week, while I was packing some boxes, Sunny snuck a tennis ball out of the closet where they have been sequestered since his surgery. I won't throw it for him yet, but he likes to carry it around (so does Star).


Napping in the sunny spot with our favorite toys.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment