Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dog Sitting Redefined

This car episode isn't nearly as graceful as this one, but it sure was entertaining. Fortunately I had already pulled the car off the road for something else, so I could watch it unfold.

Similar to the previous story, Sunny was again trying to get into the front seat. This time he got hung up because his silly sister in the back seat was sitting on his leash. I'm imprecise on a lot of the details here but stick with me.

For some reason he couldn't move backwards either. I looked back and it seemed that he was stuck with his rear end wedged against the back seat just to the point where his back feet didn't touch anything, so he couldn't give a push. So I gave him a nudge backwards. And next thing ya know, the poor little guy was really stuck. And I am not kidding when I say this is exactly the position we had gotten him stuck in:


He was sitting on his rear end just like a zebra, his hind legs dangling and not able to reach the floor. Arms probably flailing - I can't really remember. And I was laughing and trying to figure out where the cell phone camera was and could I get it out in time and laughing some more and then decided to just watch and see what happened.

He got himself unstuck, but a minute later I couldn't recall how. I guess my mind was just so full of the image of him dog sitting there, wondering how I would ever tell the story. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the funniest thing he ever does. I'm sure the look on his face was priceless too. But, alas, I didn't record that image anywhere either.

Star needs equal billing - sitting on Sunny's leash and making his story happen isn't enough of a story about her. For creating his most embarrassing moment, I'll share her most embarrassing moment.

This one happened on June 9th, which I note from her training blog, is about when we got serious about her agility career. We had been doing jumps and such for a few days, and getting into a training mindset.

When I am getting ready for bed, she has a habit of hopping up onto the bed and claiming the best spot. That evening, I was training her to wait until I got settled into bed before claiming the left-overs. She was on the ground by the wall, Sunny was between her and the bed when I gave her the all clear. She was so excited that she vaulted OVER Sunny to get on the bed!

It was not her shiniest moment - she had a bit of a crash landing on the edge of the bed, and I don't recall how Sunny made out - if she cleared him before the crash or if he was dragged down in the mess.

Anyway, no animals were seriously injured in the making of this episode. I got back out of bed and made her do a few more mounts and dismounts to make sure she ended on a good experience. Then lots of cuddles in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment