Sunday, July 25, 2010

Star Invents Tug

It was a stormy summer day.

"Mom's moving furniture again. I'm getting nervous.
My bed's in the middle of the living room floor.
I better stick by it."

"Good idea. I'll join you."

Mom got the furniture just the way she liked it,
and then realized she was missing the best sunset in two weeks.

The next morning, the furniture was on the move again.
Now the work table is in front of the window.
Mom has a commanding view of all she surveys.
And the dogs have a great cave under the table
and against the wall under the window.

The next day was warm with picture perfect clouds floating
aimlessly across the sky. While Mom built agility equipment,
Sunny posed in front of nature's backdrop.


While Star tried to get comfortable in her hot rock sauna.



Hey, nobody's forcing her to lay there.

But by far the most fun of the weekend was when Star invented Tug. I had tried to get her interested in tugging before, but she didn't get it. So I think this was an accident. I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing. She was just laying on the floor chewing on carcass of fox when I happened to pass by.

Out of habit, I reached down and picked it up to try to get a game going. I don't think she was thinking about it either when she instinctively got up and started tugging back, and realized she liked it. Yippee! Something else to do with this dog other than just training.

If I were to actually tug against her with the fox's tail, it would come off in my hand, so I ran out the next day and got a real tug rope. I didn't even have the minimal packaging off when Sunny grabbed hold, and the games were under way.


No comments:

Post a Comment