Friday, January 15, 2010

Funny Smart Boy

Sitting at my table working yesterday, I heard a ruckus behind me. The dog was folding his bed in half so he could have a pillow! Now how did he learn how to do that.



And in the car today driving to the vet he was sitting in the back seat and decided he wanted to come up front. He got his front half over the center console and onto the passenger seat, but with his back legs all the way on the floor of the rear seat, he couldn't get them over. So he hung out half and half for the last mile of our trip.

Then when he realized he would have to get back to the back in order to get out (he wouldn't have bothered if he'd known what was coming up at the vet appointment) he didn't just spin around and tangle himself all up in a knot like a dog might have done. Nooooo. This smart cookie got his front feet on the center console and then reached up with his left "arm" (he used it so much like an arm I have to go with that word) and placed it on the top of the driver's seat so he could push himself up with it, just like a person would do. Then he very deliberately stepped backwards with his rear legs, one at a time, to get them up on the back seat. From there it was an easy maneuver to bring the front half along onto the back seat where everything belonged. I watched the whole process in awe of how he figured out how to do that.


And he knows how to send e-mails too! When I was gone last week, I received this nice message from him:

Hey Mom

Aunt Deb helped me to write an email to let you know how I'm doing.
I'm having a lot of fun! I love being around Blue and Bree. Blue and I share the bone, and we always play nice.
I have been staying with Jim at night, cause he needs the company. He misses his dog Taylor, I like to spend time curled up next to him and lay my head on his leg. I think that makes him feel better. It helps me too, because I miss you. Deb comes and gives me hugs when she sees me staring out the door, cause she knows that I'm looking for you. She told me that you will be coming back really soon, which always makes me feel better, so then I know I can go play with Blue. I don't understand why they won't let me play with the ball! That isn't any fun at all. I did get to see the monkey that Blue got for Christmas tonight, but the monkey had to go away when we got too wild with him.
Anyway, I have to go and curl up to sleep. I can't wait to see you!!

Love you mom,
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment