Sunday, January 3, 2010

Crying over Missing the Picture of Spilled Milk

It was such complete destruction. T'would have made an excellent 1/1/10 blog posting. T'would have read something like this:

The morning of 01/01/10, 8 hours into the new year, new decade. Haven't even eaten my breakfast yet. Working in the kitchen, I hear a ruckus, followed too quickly by the crash to have stopped it in time. Quick glance into the other room. Sigh - this is not going to be a good year.


Use your imagination to construct the after picture.

I'll help you get started. The table is flipped on its side. The plant is upside down. The large pot (my favorite) is shattered. The dirt is all over the carpet.

And there's a confused dog sitting nearby. (Don't worry - no animals were harmed in making this episode.)

A pessimist would say this is a bad omen, it's gonna be a bad year. An optimist would say the year can only get better from here.

I'll choose to be the optimist.


And now it is time to stop kicking myself for not taking the picture before cleaning up the mess and slicing my finger on a sharp edge. Time to get on with the new year, new decade. At least I have gotten my annual vacuuming chore out of the way - once a year, if it needs it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment