Thursday, May 13, 2010

Footprints

Dear Network, big yellow, enormous yellow dog, it was almost 9 months ago when we drove to a high point in Rocky Mountain National Park and I let your spirit go free.

Today as I drove away from Colorado, I looked across at those high peaks and my only sense of loss was of leaving you behind, as I take these 2 new little yellow doggies on to my next place and new adventures.

Just as you left your footprints in the sand of the California beach so many years ago, you also left them on my heart, and those footprints neither time nor tide will ever wash away.




Composed May 9, 2010
Highway 25, heading
north to WY, MT, WA

3 comments:

  1. OK-tears are flowing. That is wonderful and the photo is timeless. I hope he has met Milo on the Rainbow Bridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things here will miss you Kara. I hope you know you have so many things to come back to when the time is right! Enjoy your new adventures with your two new companions and your new home. We'll miss you here but you are in good hands with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this brought tears to my eyes. Network and now Sunny and Star are blessed to call you "Mom"

    ReplyDelete